Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mhm...

I am watching this play on BET right now. Now before people start tripping out on me their Sunday afternoon plays are often very good. It's about three couples and the men who just don't have their act together. Now a new man moves into the complex and manages to charm all the women making them all feel special in a very unique way. Now one of the women asked him he has a better half. And he tells her no, because the way he sees it a whole man deserves a whole woman. Because if you are a half and something happens to the other half then you become a quarter and in his mind there's not a whole lot a man can get for a quarter in this day and time. First off, I hope I got the math right and secondly I think he is right. As a woman, I don't mind being that complementary part but I don't know if I am going to sit there and be supplementary. I just don't think I want be a half. I wanna be a whole. I wanna be something so complete and fly on my own that when something is missing I can put my finger on it and I know, on my own, how to fix it. Now that said...I also want to be so whole on my own that when I need to give to that special man I can. I can give to him without it being taxing to me. If something is wrong with baby, then yeah something is wrong with me, but does that mean that I have to crawl up in a big ol' ball and cry? I don't think so. It means i have to stand firm and flat-footed. I will support him, but what I am not gonna do is be his momma and bandage all his boo-boos.

Now yesterday on a blog that I like I read this little thing about how to please a woman. Yes! You have to love her, wine her, dine her, excite her, you know like the Christmas Victoria's Secret commercials...give her everything she wants and nothing she needs. Now every now and then women need to feel like that. We need to feel like you give us what we need everyday, so then you give us what we want.

Finally I got a little question...is a good woman more like a house or a car...I'll answer that later or tomorrow.

No comments: