Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Even I Don't Know

So, I've been missing in action because I met someone new and after the very first date I sort of moved in with him.

Sadly, it all comes to an end today and I don't even really wanna talk about it.

Moving on to other things, my best friend just sent me some pics of Britney Spears smoking a cigarette right next to her son Sean Preston as he so politely and childlike plays with the lighter and cigarettes.

This takes me to a flashback of when I was three. My parents were in the den and I was in their bedroom playing with the lighter which had a pretty palm tree on it and their Kool Filter Kings. Next thing they know their bedroom is on fire and their child is in the master bedroom on the other side of the item which is on fire. Yep. As usual here comes my dad with the S on his chest only to learn that I locked myself in the bathroom because I was scared that they would be angry with me. Yep that would be me: child full of mischief. Now Britney should know darn well that the courts just allowed her to have some rights to her kids though K. Fed has sole custody of the kids. Hmmm...I'm so not sure.

In other news, I was happy to visit the Essence website where Malinda Williams is chronicling her wedding planning. Check it out sometime at essence.typepad.com! I am so excited to check it out.

Moreover, about this new man in my life. He's fab. He's a little older than me and has some extra life experience which is always great. Likes R. Kelly, loves lazy nights in, movies, and let's me have bubble baths plus he makes me smile and laugh all the time.

Just a reminder for everyone to check out CNN's Black in America: Women and Children tomorrow night featuring Soledad O'Brien! It's supposed to provide an intimate look at being black in America so everyone will know what we go through on a daily basis I can't wait!

Strange time slot though, it's going against such black shows like Family Foreman, Run's House and Tyler Perry's House of Payne. I am excited to see all FOUR shows. I am going to catch everything and give a report.

No comments: