Thursday, August 14, 2008

Reciprocity


So this morning I had a very interesting conversation with a very interesting man.

He was pretty damned amazing on all levels: funny, smart, creative, etc. then we "discussed" a little mind sex. From this I told him he was so good at it I could have cooked him brunch right then. He replied that he'd "bust some suds". I was shocked because I am not used to a man wanting to this and he replied that it was a partnership and when you give help you get help. From an educated, black male I was not shocked. But I was grateful that I even ran across this person. This leads me to believe that there are good black men out there, if they have not been burned by some "buckethead" chick who really doesn't give a damned.

Now, this is not to say that a man should be a simp, however, if he is with a good woman who treats him as though he is a good man then he could act accordingly. Now these are just random thoughts, which should make a cohesive argument that black men and women can live together and raise families if we just had a little reciprocity.

3 comments:

BlackandMarriedWithKids.com said...

It is definitely possible.

Anonymous said...

he seems like a humble and upstanding guy. I wish I could meet a man like that.

JEM said...

Chocomimosa...I think we all will one day. BMWK sure has done well!